Zao’s Aloe Vera Mascara delivers intense volume, definition, colour and durability. A structured brush wand ensures lash-by-lash application to coat your lashes from root to tip as well as nourishing and caring for your lashes with a formula of Aloe Vera, Shea Butter and Castor Oil.
The Aloe Vera Mascara will give your lashes a boost in a way that organic mascaras have not previously been able to achieve. Perfect for evening wear, this is the first organic mascara to deliver performance matching synthetic mascaras!
Free from toxic synthetic preservatives and using premium quality raw materials, this mascara reduces the risk of irritation and redness to eyes. Suitable for contact lens wearers, daily use and for those with sensitive eyes.
Zao’s mascara is now refillable to reduce plastic waste. Packaged in Zao’s stylish, varnished bamboo case that is durable and sustainable, the product is presented in a cotton pouch with drawstring to protect the bamboo packaging so that it can be used again and again for refills.
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice (Aloe barbadensis leaf juice) – Used for centuries in natural medicine, it is used here for its ability to treat conjunctivitis and general eye allergies. Renowned for its ability to soothe skin, organic Aloe Vera juice nourishes and strengthens lashes
- Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus communis seed oil) – Rich in fatty acids and vitamin E to purify, nourish and strengthen lashes
- Organic Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter) – Extracted from the fruits of the West African Shea tree, Shea Butter is rich in fatty acids to facilitate moisture retention and nourishment. Shea butter also have UV protective properties, and is soothing and calming to skin, expediting wound healing
Zao Beauty tip
Mascara should be applied to clean, dry lashes that are free from cream or oil, after a dusting of powder to extend durability. Pull the mascara wand out with one movement and avoid pumping the mascara wand in the bottle. Wipe excess product with tissue rather than using the opening of the bottle as this can lead to dried out formula re-attaching to the brush. Wait until mascara is dry to remove any errors from skin, gently wiping it off with a damp cotton pad or cotton bud. You can then touch up foundation on the area if needed, using the same cotton pad or bud.
Certification: Natural and Organic Cosmetic Product, as certified by ECOCERT Greenlife according to ECOCERT standards; 100% natural with minimum of 58% certified organic ingredients.
- No testing on animals neither on finished products, nor on ingredients. Cruelty free certification at every production stage
- No ingredients from animal origin is used
Zao brand does not use nanoparticles, talc and parabens (synthetic petrochemical-based preservatives) in its formula, using instead micronised silver as an effective and non-toxic preservative.